9:30 am - 10:00 am: Registration Check-in
10:00 am - 11:00 am: F.E. Shideman Award Winner & Keynote Speaker
- Richard A. Heyman, Ph.D., "Overcoming Resistance to Molecularly Targeted Cancer Therapy"
- Introduction by Tim Walseth, Ph.D.
- Award given by F.E. Shideman Family Members
11:00 am - 11:15 am: Coffee Break
11:15 am - 1:15 pm: Faculty Talks (30 minutes each)
- Jon Hawkinson, Ph.D., "Drug Discovery Capabilities in the ITDD"
- Philip Portoghese, Ph.D., "Mu opioid receptor heteromers are targets for treatment of inflammatory and neuropathic pain."
- Fang Li, Ph.D., "Animal origins and cross-species transmissions of SARS and MERS coronaviruses"
- Li-Na Wei, Ph.D., "Receptor Interacting Protein 140 (RIP140) in diseases - A wild card to exploit"
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm: Lunch
- Catering by Lake Elmo Inn
- Buffet menu
2:00 pm - 2:15 pm: State of the Department
- Jill Siegfried, Ph.D.
2:15 pm - 3:30 pm: Student & Postdoc Talks (15 minutes each)
- William Kaya Erbil, Ph.D., "Probing Dynamic Transitions in the Activation Pathway of cyclin-Dependent Kinase 2 (CDK2) by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)"
- Emily Ruff, Ph.D., "Development of Kinase Allostery FRET Assays for Mechanistic Studies and Drug Design"
- Chi Xu, Ph.D., "Morphine promotes astrocyte-preferential differentiation of mouse hippocampal progenitor cells via PKCε-dependent ERK activation and TRBP phosphorylation"
- Christopher Richards, "Genetic and computational approaches elucidate the binding interface between human APOBEC3F and HIV-1 Vif"
- Amanda Salzwedel, "Use of Oncolytic Adenovirus Expressing IFN-α To Treat Pancreatic Cancer"
3:30 pm - 4:45 pm: Poster Session and Reception
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm: Poster Session Award Ceremony
- Hosted by Sundaraam Ramakrishnan, Ph.D.